Thursday, December 22, 2011

Back in the saddle

I apologize for not posting anything recently...recently being the last two months. For some reason, I was in a rut. First, it was the everyone in the family taking turns having a virus rut. Then, it was the I am completely overwhelmed rut. Finally, it was the creative rut. I decided that I was not going to think about all of the projects that I had to do, but rather what project do I feel motivated to do. That brings me to today.

This Anna Maria Horner velveteen fabric has been calling my name for over a year now. I had thought about making a dress for my oldest daughter, a skirt for me, a blanket for me, and probably half a dozen other ideas over that time. Still that beautiful fabric just sat there on a shelf in my sewing room, lonely and unloved.

Do you have a person in your life who makes you feel honored to just know him/her? I am fortunate enough to have a few. One of them in particular is a huge advocate for my creative side, and just about everything else I do. Today I knew what to do with that beautiful Innocent Crush velveteen fabric. Here it is, modeled by me (sorry but my husband would not let me take pictures of him wearing this), a Christmas gift for DP. (DP if you read this blog post before tomorrow night, pretend you have not already seen your presents.)

DP will probably wear this with the bill down in a way that will convey cool composure with a "don't test me" edge.


I am more of a bill up person. It looks like I am paying attention, but most likely I am day dreaming about something else. The matching scarf is part of the gift, too. I like accessories to match or co-ordinate.


Here is a side view.

Do you think I should make one for myself with some different fabrics? Is this something you think you would wear...bill up or bill down?

Happy 3rd night of Hanukkah! (I think it is the 3rd night. If it is not the third night, please forgive me.) A Very, Merry Christmas! Don't forget to leave some cookies and milk out for Santa. Happy Holidays!

patricia

No comments:

Post a Comment