Friday, December 30, 2011

5

When I think about my life 5 years ago and my life today, so many things have changed. Five years ago I was an active member of the rat race. Platform power heels were on my feet unless I was asleep or in the shower. I thought taking good care of myself involved regular mani, pedi, and waxing appointments, and making sure I always exceeded my sales quota. I did not have a sewing machine or an inclination to sew. The thought of doing something so domestic would have made me laugh hysterically.


Flash forward five years: I have enjoyed being a stay at home Mommy and domestic goddess. I work just as hard, but I like my bosses much better. It would be hard to match the pay and benefits, too. About 18 months ago I started to sew and quilt. It has been a wonderful creative outlet for me. Thank you to all of you who have supported me in my creative pursuits. I wonder if you even know who you all are?

Taking care of myself now includes caring for my family, working out 3 times a week, and making time in my schedule to sew. I confess that I still proudly wear my platform power heels all the time, and still enjoy the occasional mani. Just because I am a Mommy does not mean I have to be frumpy, right? Plus, I just love them!


You may be wondering what happened five years ago to make a woman change in so many ways. The answer is: Valerie

Happy 5th Birthday, Valerie! You (and your little sisters) are the best thing that ever happened to me!

love,
Mommy

5 comments:

  1. What a perfect reason to have your life changed - it doesn't get better than that! blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is no job greater than that of a stay at home mom...she is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's nothing that tops motherhood, is there? Hope Valerie had a lovely birthday, what a lucky little miss to have you as her momma.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey...you're a winner on my blog. I need your email address so you can get your prize. Drop me an email. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday to your little one....for me, there is no joy greater than that of being a mother....you made the right choice!!!

    ReplyDelete