Friday, February 3, 2012

Three Little Birds

I finished a project that is near and dear to my heart.  Three Little Birds is named after my daughter's favorite song.  Yall might be more familiar with the chorus from this Bob Marley song:

Don't worry about a thing
'Cause every little thing is gonna be alright

Each bird represents one of my daughters. The leaves are outlines of their hand prints. 



This is a gift for their uncle's birthday.    He is a bird watcher and loves his nieces.  I thought the song would tie in perfectly as a gentle reminder to focus on what is truly important in this life.   Also, it is a snap shot in time, which is passing by so quickly.

A few things about these pieces:  First,  I wish that the middle bird would have had a bit more contrast, but I am going with it as is.  Second, I am an awful photographer.  Hopefully, I can improve with more practice. 

Hopefully he likes these wall hangings.  If not, I know my mom will grab them up in a heart beat.


piece peace




2 comments:

  1. I love the green hand prints as leaves, those turned out beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are sweet! Love color of the fabrics!

    ReplyDelete