Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Moving on

The pillows at the Sew mama Sew Pillow Contest are really awesome.  Check them out.  Love Shack Baby was not a top 20 with the judges.  That is OK.  I am glad I finished one.  In fact, it generated my first comment.  That person really made me so happy and so encouraged.  Thank you glorious commentator person!    Most importantly, my three little girls love it.  They play with it and lay on it all the time.  Mission accomplished.

Time to move on to the next project.  Yes, it is more like a re-visit to a project that I had to take a break from a few blog posts ago.  The phoenix is rising in its third version.  Version one was going to be dresden plates in a serpentine layout.  Not working.  Version Deuce was going to be hexagons made from quarter triangles.  After cutting up 420 quarter triangles, I realized that my plan was destined for failure.  Enter Version Three:  framed quarter triangle blocks.  I am 8 of the 36 blocks in and I am liking it so far.  It is a little wonky, but so am I, truth be told.

1 comment:

  1. Hi there. Love the pillow by the way it's the cutest. When it comes to comments and readers, there's really a strange correlation. I've had my blog since before having my girls, but I had to break from it due to time constraints. I've always had more readers than comments - always! Adding you to the TMQG blog roll call.

    ReplyDelete